Sunday, September 26, 2010

Rainy Morning Eats

Hello!  Welcome to Sunday!

I have two posts that are recaps from Friday and Saturday, but they will have to wait.  I'm not having good luck with cameras lately and yesterday I managed to leave my relatively new point-and-shoot camera at Charlotte Oktoberfest!  EEEEEEEK!  Yes, I'm a bonehead!  Luckily my friend Sarah found it and I'm going to pick it up from her later today.  Until then, the contents of that camera will remain unseen and unposted. 

In the meantime, my Sunday morning has been quite lovely.  It's raining here, and I kind of love it. 

We haven't had much rain lately and I think rainy Sundays are cozy and wonderful. 

I woke up feeling relatively good considering that Oktoberfest was yesterday and I definitely could have felt horrendous after an 8 mile run yesterday morning and afternoon of beer drinking in 90+ degree heat.  Luckily, I felt pretty normal.  However, my husband awoke with a sore throat and thinks he's coming down with something. 

I decided to make him a nutritous, antioxidant rich smoothie to see if I could boost his immunity a little. 

The major player was this packet of Amazing Grass that I had left from the Healthy Living Summit.  I was determined to get that in there for Greg to help his throat.

I also used:
fresh strawberries
ice
1/2 banana
spinach
POM juice
soy milk
chia seeds


POM Wonderful actually sent me a case of POM juice the other day.  So cool!



Mmmmm, Pom juice :)

 Pomegranate is also known for it's antioxidants so I thought this smoothie would be a great opportunity to use some!




We both drank it down.  Pretty good.  Very tangy from the lemon-lime Amazing Grass and POM.  Hopefully I'll stave off any possible cold that I might catch from the hubby and he'll recover quickly from his icky sore throat.

Later we had a second breakfast and I used another ingrediant I can't get enough of lately.  Yes, I'm totally on the fall/pumpkin bandwagon.  It's just so tasty!


My hubby wanted something mushy for the throat and suggested oatmeal.  Pumpkin oats it is!



In my oats, I used:

1/2 cup of rolled oats
heaping tablespoon of pumpkin
a shake each of cinnamon, ginger, ground clove, and nutmeg
about a teaspoon of Justin's Maple Almond Butter
3/4 cup of Vanilla Soy Milk
about a tablepoon of Agave syrup or Maple Syrup

Microwaved about a minute and a half to two minutes.



It's been a pretty lazy morning, but I've got some yoga and errands planned this afternoon.  I also hope to have more couch time to enjoy on this rainy Sunday.


Clyde wants to play more fetch.


Do you like rainy days?



1 comments:

Tina said...

I love relaxing rainy mornings! And having lighter food after more heavy stuff.

Can't wait to see pics from the weekend. Thank goodness your friend found your camera.

Related Posts with Thumbnails