Last night I went for a 3.62 mile run. I had to take advantage of the beautiful day outside. My temp gauge read 70 degrees on my commute home! The run went okay, but was a little tough, because I hadn't done a run in over a week. I've kind of fallen off the running band wagon as of late, in favor of walks and yoga. But last night I had some steam to blow off and knew I needed something more high impact. Running did the trick!
Back at home I assembled this super quick and delicious Mediterranean-style wrap. I grilled up some strips of eggplant, red pepper, and some onion, and threw it in a Flat-out wrap with some spinach and goat cheese, with a side of cottage cheese. Yum :)
I watched "The Kids Are All Right", which is kind of a weird, but interesting movie about lesbians with two kids who find their biological father (sperm donor), and chaos ensues.
So this is belated, since technically Valentine's Day was yesterday, but I thought I'd compile a little list of some of the "love songs" (I say this loosely as some of them are not necessarily love songs) that have been part of my life in honor of the lovey holiday. Your welcome.
- My Love- Lionel Richie The man can do no wrong. Love me some Lionel, even as a kid.
- Through The Years- Kenny Rogers I think of this as my parents' song. :) My dad would play this really loudly on weekend mornings all the time when I was growing up. Actually, he still does this sometimes when I'm at their house for visits!
- Right Here Waiting- Richard Marx Probably one of the first songs I associated with a crush. This might be the stalker national anthem. I cringe at the teen angst I felt...
- If You Needed Somebody- Bad Company Holy junior high crush batman!
- I Wanna Sex You Up- Color Me Badd True story- my best friend saw them in concert and wore an "I wanna sex you up" T-shirt to school in 7th grade. The principle made her turn it inside out. Awesome.
- I'll Make Love To You- Boys II Men I loved all things Boys II Men in high school. How inappropriate is it for a 15 year old to love this song though??
- Every Rose Has It's Thorn- Poison It's just a hair band classic ballad. I still like it.
- Can't Fight This Feeling- Reo Speedwagon In what will forever go down is one of the most embarrassing things I ever did, I wrote a love letter to this guy I had a crush on and included "I can't fight this feeling anymore" in the note. Ugh! I can't listen to this song without thinking about that and wanting to slap myself. PS- the letter did not work, I was rejected, and felt like the biggest dork ever.
- What Might Have Been- Little Texas What might have been? We'll never know. First boyfriend/breakup.
- The Power of Two- Indigo Girls Reminds me of the summer I was 17 and the guy from New Zealand I was dating.
- Jump- Van Halen Yes, I know it's not a love song for most people. I'm not going to explain this one, but it's forever associated with a certain boy.
- Before You Walk Out of My Life- Monica Pretty much feeling the loss of my first love, all summer long.
- Let Me Let Go- Faith Hill I actually still love this song. It does remind me of a guy I dated though and how I felt more for him than he did for me. That's always fun, right?
- Romeo And Juliet- Dire Straits This time the guy liked me more than I liked him. He told me this song reminded him of me. The timing was always wrong, but so was the guy.
- Why We Said Goodbye- Tim McGraw Same guy as the Faith Hill song. I was in a country music phase at this point.
- On Your Side- Pete Yorn This is still probably my favorite song of all time. SO GOOD! Learning about Pete Yorn from the guy I was dating at the time was really all I got out of that relationship. Thanks man!
- Waiting In Vain- Annie Lennox This is Bob Marley song that Annie Lennox redid. It's on the Serendipity Sountrack and I listened to it a lot in the fall of 2001. Good stuff.
- I Don't Know How I Got By- Edwin McCain This one is from the movie, The Family Man (Nicholas Cage), and it's the first movie Greg and I ever watched together, so I think of him when I listen to it.
- Push- Sarah McLachlan Mine and Greg's first dance song at our wedding. Describes accurately how he puts up with me and my crap.
And there you have it. What are some loves songs that impacted you and the reasons why?