Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Weekend So Far...

First, thank you everyone for your great comments on my last post.  They were supportive and wonderful.  I feel encouraged and excited to pursue this next journey, and I'll keep you guys posted.

Greg made it home Friday night after about a week and a half away.  He actually had a trip to Venezuela the other day so we were out of range for about 30 hours while he was in South America.  It made it all that much sweeter to have him home so we catch up in person.  I whipped up a semi-homemade (eeeek, I hate that term!  Scary Sandra Lee!) pizza for us, using a Pillbury pizza crust.  I just spread tomato sauce on it and put mushrooms on Greg's half, and for me I put mushrooms, spinach, left over eggplant parm, and artichoke hearts.  I covered the whole pizza with mozarella and parmesan and a little Italian Seasoning.


Greg loves pizza, so he was psyched :)

We had a quiet night in so Greg could relax from his travels and enjoy being home.

Saturday I woke up early and decided to bake.  I made this recipe for peanut butter banana bread, with the following changes:  I didn't used crushed peanuts, and I subbed out a couple tablespoons of white flour for peanut flour to make it extra peanutty.  I also didn't make the glaze (it's great without it!)







Katie gave me this loaf pan, and I love it :)

While the bread was cooking, I made breakfast for Greg and I.  We had omelets.  I sauteed mushrooms, onions, peppers, and spinach for the filling.


(I did the spinach seperate, because Greg didn't want any in his)




Yum :)

We had kind of a lazy morning at home.  Around 11:30am or so, our doorbell rang and we looked at each other in a panic as we were both still in pajamas and not "doorbell" ready.  We ended up not answering the door after a brief tif/debate and the poor person at the door was forced to go away even though I'm sure they knew we were home.  Ooops! 

At that point I threw on workout clothes so that I was at least be somewhat presentable and we started getting ready for the day.

We decided to take a long walk and get some lunch.  The weather was gorgeous, and Clyde promptly collapsed and rolled around in the warm grass.


Look what is blooming!


Spring hits pretty early in Charlotte and I love that.  It's my favorite season!

We walked on a little wooded trail nearby.






It was warmer than I thought it would be so I was a little overdressed.
We had lunch at a deli and sat outside with Clyde.


We ordered chips and cheese at Greg's request, and split a sandwich.


Clyde definitely snagged some tastes of cheese...


It was all just ok.  I should have ordered something veggie heavy instead of all the meat and cheese.  I ate less than half the sandwich and a couple handfuls of chips.  I was also in salt overload, which is hard for me to get to, because I love salty things.  I had an apple at home later to balance things out.

We spent a couple more hours together before I headed out to a Chocolate Party at my friend Kim's house.  I didn't take pictures because it was a lot of co-workers and many don't know I blog (I kinda keep it on the DL at work).  It was like a pampered chef party.  We got a demo on a bunch of chocolate things like white chocolate fondue, chocolate mousse, pb and chocolate truffles, dark chocolate covered almonds, chai mixed with whipped cream...

It was yummy stuff, but honestly most of it was stuff I could make/buy elsewhere for much cheaper.  I ended up ordering packets of chai in a bunch of different flavors (chocolate, raspberry, vanilla, and spice).  You can use it as tea or mix it with whipped cream, like we had at the party.  I felt like it was the most unique option and wanted to buy something I couldn't necessarily buy elsewhere.

I was only gone a couple hours and then hurried home to the boys for our evening cuddle session :)

How was your Saturday??

6 comments:

Kelly said...

So glad Greg is home and you guys get to spend some time together! :)

Null said...

Aw, glad things are starting to "normalize" a bit for you two (as much as possible in a pilot's world). His trips sound cool. Are you going to travel with him more often now?

Jennifer said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Perfect weather for being outside!
Jen

alison said...

I hope it wasn't Publishers Clearinghouse at your door :) I would have ignored it too!

Carly said...

That bread looks so good! Glad you got time with your husband. And I didn't get to comment on your last post, but I totally get baby envy too and we are sooo not in a position to even think about kids yet. I can only imagine with your schedules what that must be like. I'm hoping everything works out for the best for you!

RunningOnCoffee said...

Looks like a great day!! Any chance I can talk you into sharing your pb banana bread recipe!? I was just thinking about making banana bread this week too. It would be so much more exciting with peanut butter... yum!

Jealous of your blooming flowers. We've at least had some temperatures in the 50s a couple days here and there here in NJ... I'm ready for spring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails