Sunday, August 8, 2010

FoodieFresh Gets Married

It was a very big day for my good friend Kelly!  She got married!
I was up bright and early to start the day.  First on the agenda was a quick trip to the grocery store for some fruit.  I made a fruit salad to bring to Kelly's for lunch. 
Next up was a RUN!  I did my neighborhood loop and it went pretty well.  I felt a slight pain above my knee, but nothing major.
The rest of the morning was just a lot of prep for the wedding:  painting toe nails, packing up shoes, jewelry, strapless bra, dress, etc...  Before I knew it I had to get going and head to Kelly's to get ready with the rest of the bridesmaids. 
Upon arrival, I found this spread:
Kelly had Great Harvest bread (yeah, that didn't make it into the pictures, because we'd eaten it all), rolls, two kinds of turkey, lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheese slices, Laughing Cow cheese, layered hummus, veggies and dip, and then my fruit salad.  Also pitchers of water, mimosa, and lemonade.  It was YUMMY bridesmaid prep food.
After lunch we got ready.



The DRESS!!


Me, ready to go!

Kelly getting into her dress and her mom helping.

Seriously, she is a ridiculously beautiful bride!

Then it was off to the church to get hitched! 
My hubby informed me the ceremony was exactly 21 minutes long.  Short and sweet!


The reception was at Byron's South End:
It's kind of got an artsy urban feel.  This is the courtyard outside the recption, with artwork.

Inside is cool too, with brick and exposed air ducts. 
Kelly made these cool purple willow branches in vases:



Kelly's aunt made the wedding cake.

Centerpieces.

Dinner was buffet style.  I had salad with balsamic, broccoli, squash, chicken stuffed with feta and spinach, a little salmon, and a roll.  Good stuff!

Picture with friends :)

Bride and Groom, first dance.

Hubs and I at the table.

The bride and I :)

Post cake cutting.

Seriously delicious carrot cake.



Dancin'

It was a great wedding!  I'm so happy for Kelly :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ahh you and Kelly both look gorgeous! I'm so happy for her and Brad. She truly is stunning and radiates happiness! Thanks so much for posting pics!

Jen said...

Thank you for posting a wedding recap. So fun! Everything was beautiful! Love the bridesmaids dresses - you looked great! Yay for Kelly - hope she has a blast in Italy!

Oh and carrot cake wedding cake...heaven.

Related Posts with Thumbnails