Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Fun Little Saturday

Saturday morning I woke up and enjoyed the last of my scuffins with macadamia nut butter drizzled on top:
Tasted like frosting :)

I also had a small bowl of fruit:


I got ready and headed out to a Bridesmaids' Luncheon Kelly was having for us at 300 East.  I love this place.  It's kind of like a cafe, and I've brought my mother and my friend Melanie for lunch a when they have visited.  The food and atmosphere is great, sort of victorian in a way with yummy cafe food. 
I had a Sonoma Salad with crab meat on top:

Really yummy :)
We also had key lime pie with raspberries and raspberry sauce:

I like the raspberry/lime combo, great idea!
The bride to be!

It was a really nice luncheon.  And we got our bridesmaid gifts:
A necklace and earrings handmade by Kelly!  We'll be wearing them next weekend for the wedding :)

After lunch, I was off to yoga.  My friend Josie wanted to meet me and try out the studio.  We attended a Vinyasa class, but it was REALLY basic, like for really new people.  It was a little too beginner for me, but regardless, I'm glad I went and got some yoga in.  Plus it was fun to hang with Josie.  We used to run together a lot and haven't in a long time because of schedules and my injury.

After yoga I headed home to veg for a while.  When dinner rolled around, I whipped up some stirfry.

asparagus, red pepper, bok choy, mushrooms, and a little spinach.

I also threw in the last bit of orange/onion millet I had made a couple nights ago.  Stir-fried in a little grapeseed oil with some soy sauce and ginger.
Yum!

Then I went out on the town for the first time in quite a while.  I met up with friends at Brazwells.

Gibson and Chloe are a newly formed couple in my circle of friends.  :)


Chloe, Sarah, and I.
I had about one and a half Blue Moons and a couple sweet potato fries we ordered.  A good time was had by all. 
I also randomly ran into Diana at Brazwells!  She was at the next table :) 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails