Monday, October 18, 2010

Beach X 2

Sunday morning at my parents' was nice and relaxing.  We had a breakfast of fruit salad, scrambled eggs, cinnamon raisin toast, and pumpkin bread (I made some from a Trader Joe's Mix and brought it down).
I had a little of everything.

Then my mom, Greg, Clyde, and I headed to the beach (my dad isn't a big beach person- tragic, I know!) for a walk.

It was gorgeous out.  You kind of never know how it will feel at the beach.  Sometimes it's freezing and windy, sometimes it's hot.  It was warmer than we expecting so we peeled off layers.

Hello jellyfish!

Clyde had a great time at the beach this time!  A while back he had his first visit to the beach and it was cold and windy and he kept getting sand in his face.  This time went much better :)
Eventually we decided to try putting him in the water.
Clyde's not a big fan of water, of any kind.
He was kind of afraid of the waves...hehe.

After our walk on the beach we headed back to my parents.  Later we had lunch outside at the pool.

When we got there to open an umbrella at the table, guess who greeted us?
These little guys are everywhere down here ;)

My mom made me a shrimp salad sandwich.  SO GOOD!
Eaten with wavy Lays chips and some fruit.

Greg and I split off on our own for the afternoon.  We went to Coligny Circle to walk around.  There's lots of shops and beach access.

We did find one shop called Tail-Waggers that was dog friendly.  Clyde happily went in.  We came out with a new, more comfortable harness for him and a peanut butter dog treat.

After walking around the shops for a while, we headed to the beach area.

Here's Clyde sporting his new harness.

This area of the beach was much busier than the beach we went to in the morning.  There were quite a lot of people swimming in the ocean and sunning on the beach over at Coligny.
Clyde was getting the hang of this beach thing by trip number two.
He was totally pooped after a couple long walks!

Back at home my mom made stuffed mushrooms with spinach, garlic, goat cheese, and breadcrumbs. 
TO DIE FOR!

For dinner we went to Paulie's for pizza.

We order a large family style salad, some garlic bread, and a pizza with roasted red peppers, pepperoni, and mushroms.

Good pre-run fuel for my 10 miler.

Watched some Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters with my mom and called it a night.


4 comments:

Kristina @ spabettie said...

I love seeing pups on the beach - especially doxies - they always look so cute zipping around!!

What does his new harness look like...? My mom just got new ones for Jake and Elwood - they are fleece covered and look great!!

Anonymous said...

clyde is the cutest dog EVER! :)

Jen said...

So jealous of your weekend in Hilton Head. I love going to the beach during the shoulder seasons when the weather is nice and everything is kind of chill.

Sullie loves the beach - we can't keep her out of the water. It looks like Clyde enjoyed himself even if he wasn't down with the ocean!

Can't wait to hear more about your 10-miler!!!

Tricia said...

great pics, thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails