Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Same Old Thing

So it's back to the work week, and I have to say that my evenings are rather repetitive in terms of what I do most nights.

A typical evening at casa de Holding Pattern:

5-5:30pm get home and immediately take Clyde out to do his biznaz.
While outside, check mail.

5:45pm change into workout clothes or loungewear if I'm taking the night off.

6-6:15pm try to get my butt out the door to run, take Clyde for a walk, or do some Jillian Michaels (something active!).

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-8pm eat dinner, which is usually made in less than 20 minutes because I have no patience to make anything that takes longer and I'm usually famished. 

Blog/read blogs/Twitter while eating dinner and watch Clyde beg for food.

Post dinner, do dishes, shower, clean up kitchen.

Sometime around 8-9pm turn on TV and try to watch something on Tivo, which is inevitably clogged with stuff I haven't had time to watch.  I'm like a week behind in most shows at all times.

At some point I receive a call from Greg and we'll talk for an average of 10 minutes give or take depending on what exciting news or lack there of we have to discuss.
I may be using the internet more at this point too, depends on the night.

10:15pm go up to bed and try to settle Clyde down.  He chews on a raw hide, takes a sip of water, then finally passes out around the time I do, which is probably around 10:45pm.

Exciting stuff, I know. 

What's your evening routine?
It goes by SO FAST too.  I have no idea where the night even goes!

Anyway, last night I did a four mile run in 38:43.  I again tried to encorporate sprints and increase my speed.  This is usually my routine on my first run of the week now.
Mile 1- 9:49
Mile 2- 9:28
Mile 3- 9:53
Mile 4- 9:30

Faster than my usual 10+ minute mile...  I guess I'll take it!
  
 For dinner last night I baked more of that awesome butternut squash I made on Sunday.  I did it the same way as last time, cubed it, sprinkled with EVOO, salt, and cinnamon and baked on 400 for about 25 minutes.  I had that with a mushroom burger topped with marinara sauce, spinach, and mozzarella.

I also enjoyed a leftover cupcake from Sunday's birthday party.
Oink oink!!

I've had a Netflix movie sitting on my TV stand for a couple weeks now.  I never have time to watch them!  I finally watched The Painted Veil.  It was actually a good movie- two thumbs up from me!  I crammed it in while cooking and eating dinner.

This morning I did have a stroke of genius and made apple oatmeal ala mode:
I microwaved sliced apples with cinnamon for two minutes.
Added:
 1/3 cup oats
1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
1 teaspoon of Agave syrup
1 teaspoon of cinnamon vanilla sunflower butter

Microwaved it all together for about a minute and 40 seconds.
Meanwhile I made banana soft serve with coconut butter, and then put it on top. 
Kinda like apple pie ala mode!

Tonight I took Clyde for a walk, came back and did some Jillian Michaels and some yoga for runners inspired by Jen!  I haven't gotten my butt to the studio in a couple weeks, but wanted to get in some stretches for my running.

For dinner, I just had nachos made with Food Should Taste Good chips, black beans, tomato, spinach, salsa, and shredded cheddar.

With....GUACAMOLE!

Going through the Tivo now.  On the list:
Project Runway
Life Unexpected
How I Met Your Mother
Brothers and Sisters
Parenthood
Private Practice
8 gazillion episodes of Oprah

Don't see myself getting caught up anytime soon.

What's on your Tivo or DVR? 

4 comments:

Kristina @ spabettie said...

what a cute cupcake!! :)

unless we have plans or a date, our evenings have a nice relaxing routine... that revolves around Basil's schedule, of course :)

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about my evening routine too. Mine varies depending upon whether or not I have a run or yoga class scheduled but it is fairly similar to yours. The Internet definitely sucks up a lot of time ;)

Jen said...

I agree with you that I don't know where the night goes. I usually find myself done with eating and dinner dishes and finally sitting down to blog at 9:30.

Yay for yoga stretches. Your dinner looks awesome. I don't know what is wrong with me but I am craving avocados like crazy right now. Yum!

Someday said...

Today:
Wake up at 5:45, get kid up, ready for school and on bus at 6:40am. Return home and sleep until 9am. Eat, surf internet and skype with A until 10:20am. Read two very boring chapters of evaluations text. Shower. Submit final draft of group paper online. Eat lunch and fiddle around online. Attend class from 2-5pm. Rush to get kid picked up from afterschool program across town and to football practice by 6pm. Fend off ants and mosquitos until practice ends at 7:15. Return home, supervise homework and backpack clean-out and post practice bath while cooking dinner, clean up and pack tomorrow's lunch, supervise bedtime routine, attempt to read a few pages of fiction before collapsing into bed at 9pm. Spend next 45 minutes trying to get comfortable around pregnant belly filled with kicking baby.

Related Posts with Thumbnails