Saturday, May 28, 2011

Celebrating Five At Pewter Rose

Wow, you guys made me want to cry with all your supportive comments on my last post.  Thank you SO MUCH for reading, commenting, and listening to me whine.  I don't want to sound repetitive but it is just a hard thing to feel this way and to struggle with trying to conceive.  I just sometimes feel hopeless when I look at my odds with Greg being away and how narrow the window of when it can happen is.  I'll keep on trucking a long and hopefully we will get lucky.  In the mean time, thank you all for thinking of me, praying for me, and reading.  I really appreciate the support!

Anyway!  As you know, Greg was not here for our anniversary last week.  That kind of thing really doesn't bother me at all, because I know we can easily celebrate it another day and it's not a big deal.  It's him missing my ovulation altogether that really gets my panties in a bunch ;)  So to celebrate our anniversary, we decided to go to Pewter Rose Bistro, a little restaurant in the South End of Charlotte. 



I've been there for drinks, but never eaten there.  My main reason for choosing it, was that I've heard they have some great vegetarian options.  Since Greg tends to gravitate towards vegetarian choices, I figured I would choose somewhere with at least a couple good options rather than go to a place with like one thing on the menu.



I love the inside of the restaurant, with exposed brick, trees, and Christmas lights.


My hot date.


And me.


I bet you guys can't guess what I ordered to drink?


Yup, that'd be my usual- a Malbec.

Greg knew right off the bat what he wanted- the lasagna:  pasta, mushroom duxelle, sautéed spinach, butternut squash, gruyere cheese, sofrito.


And it came with garlic bread- which doubled his pleasure.

I had a hard time deciding what to order, but knew I desperately wanted to try the truffle mac and cheese.  I opted for a side of the mac and cheese with a goat cheese salad topped with a crab cake.


The crabcake and goat cheese salad was excellent, but the truffle mac and cheese totally stole the show.



It was "heavens opened up and angels sang" good!  The first words out of my mouth were "OH MY GOD".  Yeah...  It was awesome.  I kind of want a vat of it to bathe in...  I have already decided that next time I go, I'm going to order two side orders of the truffle mac and cheese and a side salad.  I could order three orders and no salad, but that would be excessive, right?

We had an excellent date night out celebrating five years.


If you're in Charlotte and looking for excellent veg options and a cute place for a nice date, Pewter Rose is an excellent option.


5 comments:

Sana said...

Ok, new plan you are going to fly out to wherever Greg is and make a baby!

Brittney said...

Haha, the problem is that he's on an "on-call" schedule and never knows where he's going or for how long until the last minute, so it's virtually impossible to follow him. Plus, I'd be flying standby and there's no guarantee I'd get on the flight. It makes it very hard to go to where he is. Trust me, I would if I could!

Erin @ The Grass Skirt said...

I love Pewter Rose! They have the best scones there which they serve at brunch. It looks like you had a great time! :)

Eve said...

Yum! Dinner looks amazing. I tend to go for veg options too. Sounds like it was a happy Anniversary!

Joanna said...

Malbec is totally my go-to red wine. Love it!

You guys make such a cute couple :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails