Saturday, March 26, 2011

Old Town With An Old Friend

Greetings from Virginia!  I finally found a spare moment to blog!  It's been pretty much non-stop since I got here yesterday!  I left home pretty early and headed up on the 6 hour drive to DC. 

I got to my friend Alison's around 3pm and we wasted no time heading out into Old Town Alexandria with Clyde to walk around.  During my 6 years living in DC I spent many days and nights visiting Old Town.  It's a great area to explore on foot and I still enjoy coming back, even though I've been many times before.

Clyde!

Alison!

The waterfront in Alexandria



King Street

We walked around and it was pretty chilly out.  We found a couple doggie stores to go in with Clyde and Alison and Clyde got to know one another.

She's a natural, right??



Because of the cold, things didn't work out quite as great as planned.  We were hoping to enjoy more of the dog-friendliness of Old Town, but it was so chilly we couldn't do much outside.  Eating outside definitely wasn't an option.  We ended up picking up pizza and cupcakes to take back to Alison's house for dinner.

We got two small pies at Pizza Paradisio.

An Atomica, which had Tomato, Salami, Black Olives, Hot Pepper Flakes, Mozzarella, except we opted for artichoke hearts instead of the salami.


And a traditional margherita pizza.


Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuum :)

The cupcake place.



The cupcakes!


I had a chocolate raspberry one.


It was VERY dense and rich.  I liked it, but I'm kind of used to a lighter, fluffier kind of cupcake.  I finished off my evening with a nice warm mug of ginger tea.  Spicy baby!


We finished our evening by plotting out our plan for the National Marathon: getting there, course map, where to spectate, etc...  More on our spectating, up next!

2 comments:

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

Those cupcakes look so yummy!!

Amber said...

I"m hopefully heading to Alexandria in 2 weeks (if The Pilot and I managed to non-rev to DCA!). I might have to check out those cupcakes...

Related Posts with Thumbnails