Friday, March 11, 2011

The Person I've Been Close To The Longest

Ok, here we are at Day 2 of the 30 Day Challenge. I knew this would get me to post more, so that's a good thing, right?

Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest.

This is actually an easy one for me.  I immediately thought of one of my best friends, Jen.  I've known her since I was a year old and we grew up across the street from each other in our small town in New Hampshire.

circa 2006 at a wedding
We went to our first day of school together pretty much every year from elementary school in to junior high.

That would be us on the end there... with our brothers.

Participated in many birthday parties together.

Jen: top left, me: middle sailor dress

We went to the lake we grew up close to together a lot.

Obviously being goofy, with my brother.

We supported each others' interests (baton twirling, which I did also!)...


I saw Jen off to her first prom.

There are really no words...

We ended up going to different high schools because I went to private school, but celebrated our high school graduations together.

Ah yes, the bangs make another appearance...

We partied in college together.

We visited each other when we didn't live in the same state anymore.

Savannah airport around 1999...

River Street in Savannah

Old Town Alexandria, probably around 2002...

We were bridesmaids in each others' weddings.

Jen's shower



And I went to Jen's baby shower...

Hi, we like to wear similar dresses/outfits.

It's gotten a lot harder for us to see each other, now that I'm in Charlotte and she's in NH with two little boys, but we try to see each other at least once a year and when we do it's like no time has passed and we can talk for hours.  Our phone calls are the same way.  She's a life long friend and I've known that all my life.  She's probably the closest thing I'll ever have to a sister.  We even argue like siblings sometimes.  I love her and miss her a lot.  I'm hoping to visit or see her soon!  Miss you Jen!


5 comments:

Heather (Where's the Beach) said...

Oh I love this - I have a dear dear friend I've known since I was four! The only person I've known longer is my sister (other than parents of course) ;-)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I love this too! So sweet. It almost makes me sad though... I need to stay better in touch with some of my old friends.

Alaina said...

Aw, thats awesome! I wish I had maintained a friendship with someone that long. But I guess I have that with my cousin; I've known here since I was 2. :-)

Carly said...

So sweet! I love all the retro pictures!

Anonymous said...

This was so nice and totally made my day, Britt. You're very special to me too! Maybe not as special as some of those pictures though-lol! Um, the prom one definitely takes the cake, but the graduation one and baton one aren't much better! I know we'll be friends in our 80s! Love you. -Jen T.

Related Posts with Thumbnails