Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Paddy's Day Recap

I've kind of made an annual tradition on St. Paddy's Day.  Every year I've lived in Charlotte, I always meet up with my friend Tim and his wife, Kris.  Tim takes the whole day off every year to head to his favorite Irish Bar at 9am!  Kris is pretty much his DD for the day.  I'm not that hardcore, but I have been taking a half day for the last couple years so that I can start my St. Paddy's Day with them and have some lunch and a brew.  It's always a great time!


(Sidenote, doesn't she look just like Natasha Henstridge?!)

I spent about 3 hours with them hanging out and enjoying the 1/2 hourly bagpiper that looked like a fatter version of Dwight Shroot, then headed home to let out the pup and change into St. Paddy's outfit #2.

From there it was on to RiRa to meet some friends, including Kelly!



 Nicole and Sarah.



Brad showed up!


And later another Tim I know (Sarah's boyfriend).




We ordered some bar food... (I had chicken tenders)


And I had a Harp!


I had a great time!  It's funny, because I'm really not much of a party animal these days, but on St. Paddy's I make an exception and definitely don't mind the crowded loud bar scene as much.




If you are wondering, my husband was overnighting in Boston last night.  I guess he did go to a nearby McCormick and Schmicks for their happy hour and get in a little St. Paddy's Day fun.  Missed you Greg!



2 comments:

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

Looks like you all had a blast!!

Brittany @ A Healthy Slice of Life said...

oh Ri-ra, how I love thee! Looks like you had a blast- how fun!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails