Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blog Update

To address my previous post about what my blog is about, I have an update on what I've decided to do about the blog.  First, thanks to those who gave me feedback, I appreciate it.  To address Joanna's suggestion (in the comments section), I have considered multiple blogs of various focuses, but I'm so busy, I kind of only have time for one "dump" of information a day (if that even!), so I don't know that I could keep up with updating multiple blogs, at least not effectively.  I really just wondered if people wanted more of one type of topic from me (more on what I eat, more on aviation, more on my fitness activities, more about my social life, etc...) or if they liked the variety of what I write about and wanted me to just keep doing what I am doing. 
In writing that post I think I kind of sorted out my issues and have come to realize I'm still on track, in a way, writing about what my life is like as a pilot's wife.  The key is, this is what MY life is like as a pilot's wife.  This blog is about what I'm doing with my time and how I am choosing to live my life while we are still waiting for the timing to be right for us to start a family and for Greg's career to be in a better place again.  There are times when we are constantly talking about and analyzing Greg's career and what's going on with the airline industry as seen earlier on in my posts, but now is not really one of those times so the focus has been more about what else I have going on in my life.  Greg's just happy to have a job as a pilot again (well, when he's not complaining about it!) and just getting through training.  There's kind of not a lot to report, we just keep chugging along.  I don't know that I could fill an entire blog with news and opinions solely on aviation topics these days, and I'm kind of glad to be in a place where I'm not as obsessed with trying to figure out the industry and the future of his career.  I've found a lot of other things to fill that "empty space" in my life that I felt when Greg's career dropped out from under us.  I fill it with all the things I write about in this blog: trying to live a healthy life-style, training for my half marathon, tennis, food, spending time with my friends, Clyde, and enjoying my time with Greg when he's home.  That's my life right now.  I think I'm going to just keep doing what I'm doing.  By all means let me know if there's something you want to hear more about though and I'll do my best to write more about it.  I like feedback :)  Thanks all!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey! I like the variety of your blog. I think you made a good decision! I'm interested in how you started your running. Have you always been a runner or did you just pick it up? I would love to do a half some day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails