Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Case of the Mondays

Yesterday was one of those crappy days.  The weather was blah, work kinda sucked, and I twisted my knee getting out of the car in the morning, which had me worried about running. I was debating doing a run last night or one tonight and figured I'd see how I felt when I got home. I took Clyde for a long walk as a "test" and could feel the left knee bugging me a little so I decided I wouldn't do the run and risk further aggravating it. After my walk I threw together a quick dinner. Last night's artichoke and roasted red pepper pizza from Brixx. Oh and a tip on reheating pizza. Toaster oven with parchment paper at about 375ish for about 5 minutes. Works great! I also made a simple salad with lettuce, spinach, tomato, feta, and balsamic/EVOO/lemon juice/salt/pepper. That's kind of my go to homemade dressing.


After dinner I worked on some of Kelly's bridal shower stuff and briefly talked to Greg. He's in his final week of what they call IOE (sometime I need to remember to ask what the heck that acronym stands for!). It's going well. He doesn't really like the plane he's flying. It's hard to go from a jet with most things automated to flying manual again, but he thinks it's good training and will keep him sharp in the long run. Everytime he starts to whine about it I remind him he could be driving a semi truck or working at a hotel again and it pretty much shuts him up :) He finishes IOE on Thursday.

1 comments:

Someday said...

IOE= Initial Operating Experience. It means the first experience actually flying that particular plane.

K

Related Posts with Thumbnails