Friday, May 14, 2010

Greg, Clyde, and I headed over to the tennis courts as planned Wednesday to meet my teammates, support them, and assess what I've gotten myself into.  On the way to the courts we stopped at a nearby Chipotle
  to grab a quick dinner.  We split a veggie burrito with black beans, onions and peppers, rice, medium salsa, corn, guacamole, lettuce and a little cheese and sour cream.  SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!  I love Chipotle.  It's by far my favorite of the burrito chains.  I know it's bad to get both the tortilla and the rice, but the tortilla is so chewy and good and the cilantro lime rice is just SO TASTY.  I can't help it....  I figure at least I split the burrito and didn't eat the entire thing myself, right?  I digress.
Back to tennis.  My teammates were very nice.  One girl on the team is actually from New Hampshire (different area) and went to college in Ohio (different school), like me- so random!  My assessment was that I should be fine to play in this league.  There's a pretty wide range of skill levels and I would guess I'm kind of in the middle.  My biggest fears are the etiquette and doubles rules.  And of course hitting my teammate in the head with the ball!  Other than that I think I can hack it.  My team unfortunately lost our matches this week, but it was a valiant effort.  
Clyde pranced around checking everyone at the courts out and rolling around in the grass.  He melted a few more hearts :)  My boy always does!
After tennis we were already in the heart of Dilworth and we decided to take the monkey (one of Clyde's many nicknames) for a walk around the neighborhood.  Dilworth has a lot of craftsman style older homes, with beautiful gardens, and tree lined streets.  It's a very nice area of Charlotte.  It's close to the city but very residential.  And expensive.  We took Clyde on about a half hour walk around before heading back to the car and going home.
Yesterday I had one of those days where I felt like a zombie half the day and barely remembered the drive home.  It may have been the humidity/heat that set back in.  Anyway, I was worried I'd have trouble mustering the energy to run 5 miles so as soon as I got home I had a drink with a little protein powder mixed in and ate an apple with almond butter, hoping it would wake me up and fuel me for the run.  Upon meeting Jen, she shared that she was also pretty drained and also worried she might be getting sick (scratchy throat, etc).  We set out for our run hoping the energy would kick in for us.  The run was kind of grueling, but it helped SO MUCH to have her there to chat with, and later when we checked the Garmin, she said our pace was actually faster than last week's run, despite it feeling so yucky!  We completed the 5 miles and I was glad we did it.
For dinner last night I made these Boca Bruschetta Burgers for dinner.
Greg and I love veggie burgers and are working our way through trying all different flavors of them. These ones were yummy. I grilled them on the grill pan along with a couple red peppers to use as toppers. I also topped each patty with some tomato sauce and a slice of provolone and served them on Trader Joes Whole grain rolls with homemade sweet potato fries on the side. Good stuff!


Related Posts with Thumbnails