Monday, November 22, 2010

Clyde's Nemesis

Thanks for all your positive comments on my 15 mile run!  I'm pretty excited to be past 13.1 as my personal distance record.  I'm hoping I can keep the momentum going!  I'll be attempting to break that PDR again this weekend while I'm in Hilton Head, since I love running there!

One thing that is awesome is that I physically feel great today.  Last week I didn't feel that great after my half marathon.  I was sore, had a little IT band pain in the left leg, and really felt like I had to take it easy and ice a lot all week to recover.  Today I felt like I could have run again.  I'm guessing that's because I ran at a much slower/easier pace this week, and also because I stretched and foam rolled after my run this week, which was something I didn't do enough of after the half marathon with everything going on.

Tonight was not a scheduled running night though, so I took it easy.  I figured I'd do some core exercises instead.

Meet Clyde's nemesis...


My purple exercise ball is the one thing guaranteed to freak Clyde out.


He nervously growls and barks at it as I do crunches and planks with it.


Rrrrrrrr, evil purple ball!

So yeah, I got in a decent core workout tonight.  I also did some upper body free weights. 
Luckily weights don't freak Clyde out ;)

Since I had such a carb heavy weekend, I opted for a veggie heavy dinner tonight.  I made stir-fry.


In the pan was:

-1 tablespoon peanut oil
-two julienned carrots
-1 small zucchini
-1/2 onion
-1 stalk bok choy
-1/2 red pepper
-a handful of spinach
-1 tablespoon diced ginger
-1 teaspoon garlic
-1 tablespoon soy sauce



In other news, I officially signed up for that Turkey Trot I mentioned is happening on Thanksgiving!



Can't wait to get in a 10K before I load up on yummy Thanksgiving food! 
Anyone else doing a turkey trot or race this weekend?





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor lil Clyde. He looks so cute!

Great job on the 15 miler! I'll be running a turkey trot with my dad- his first 5k! Woohoo!

Britt said...

Great job on the 15 miler!
My pooch always stares at me for entertainment when I workout at home. LOL

No formal turkey trot race for me, but I think I'll be going for a nicer medium distance run at the beach!

Jeni Wood said...

I'm doing my first Turkey Trot tomorrow, an 8k. I just hiked a little over 7 miles today...not sure if that was wise or not but it was so much fun.
Btw...I love Hilton Head and I'm going to run the HH half marathon in february.

Related Posts with Thumbnails