Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Part 1

Saturday morning I woke up and thought I had a brilliant breakfast idea: Peanut Butter Pancakes.  I have a bag of peanut flour from Trader Joes and I figured I could make pancakes using the peanut flour for some really yummy peanutty pancakes.  I basically followed a regular pancake recipe just substituting peanut flour for regular flour.  Seemed like a good idea at the time, but it didn't really work out.


I had a lot of trouble with the consistency of the batter and had to keep adding regular flour and milk to get it right.  They also kind of burned easily but were gooey on the inside.  Maybe with some tweaking, this could work though and it wasn't awful, it just wasn't great.  They looked ok and we ate them anyway.  Clyde loved them since he's into anything peanut buttery.

After breakfast we finally decided to carve our pumpkins.  Better late than never!


Greg and I spent a while online looking for ideas.  I have to say, I'm a classic "face" girl.  I never really go too elaborate and like a pumpkin with a face on it.
I chose a goofy face this year.







My finished pumpkin.  Pretty good, right?

Greg opted to get creative (as usual) and decided he'd do a Dachshund pumpkin.  It didn't turn out as well as he'd hoped.  I teased him that it looked like a duck!  Haha :)



For lunch we had sweet potato and vegetarian baked beans.


After lunch we headed out for some last minute Halloween costume props and food for a party we were going to.
Then we headed to Diana's for a party.

I went as a bee and Greg was a bee keeper.  We got the idea from Clyde's costume and played off of that. 

Here's a shot of Greg where you can see his costume better.  He wore a Tyvek suit, straw hat he already had with a bug net over it and the honey pot was a citronella candle we got at Wal-mart that he affixed "HONEY" to.  Pretty cool!  Mine was store bought ;)


He even brought honey brown beer to keep with the theme ;)

All of our friends were creative with costumes!

Brad and Kelly wore Double Dare outfits:


Caitlin and Kristien were Katy Perry and Russell Brand:


Katie and Stew were baked potatoes:


Bailey was a devil:



Well until he tore his little hat off...


We had the usual excellent blogger food spread:










It's literally been years since Greg and I have been out to a Halloween party together.  Last time was probably like 7 years ago and we went as Neo and Trinity from the Matrix.  This was a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Diana said...

So glad you guys made it! Your costumes were too cute...if only Clyde could have been there to complete the set! lol

Nicole @ Yuppie Yogini said...

Ya know, pancakes can be so temperamental sometimes.

Fun to see you in your cute bee costume at the party!

Anonymous said...

I often wondered if that peanut flour would be good in cookies...I like it in my oatmeal, thanks to you and Emily I tried the steele cut oatmeal, yum!
alison

Related Posts with Thumbnails