Sunday, November 7, 2010

Tale of Two Workouts

Guess who I ran with for the first time in months yesterday?  Jen!


I credit Jen with sparking my enthusiam for running races back in the spring when we became running buddies.  Honestly, I probably wouldn't have run a half marathon if we hadn't met.  She made me want to take my running to another level.  I probably did 80% of my training for my first half with her in the spring and it really got me into distance running.  When I got injured and when she stepped up her training for her fall marathons, our running together fell by the wayside.  I'm glad to be back running with her, we always have fun.

I had maple almond butter on toast (banana on the side this time!) for pre-run fuel.


We went out from my house and decided we'd do between 8-10 miles.  She's still coming off of marathon training, and this is a cut back week for me since I have my second half marathon next weekend.

It was around 40 degrees yesterday morning but it warmed up as we went.  We got in 9.16 miles in 1 hour and 34 minutes.

Mile 1- 10:33
Mile 2- 10:06
Mile 3- 10:01
Mile 4- 10:02
Mile 5- 10:20
Mile 6- 10:25
Mile 7- 10:35
Mile 8- 10:29
Mile 9- 10:31
.16- 1:39

Good run!

During the run we talked about cross training and yoga and decided to check the Y2Yoga schedule and see what classes were happening in the afternoon.  We found a 1pm hour long hot yoga class and decided to go to that.  I haven't done yoga in like a month (at least), so I was sooooooooooooooo tight and unflexible!  But, I'm glad I went because I feel like I need all the stretching I can get, especially after my long runs.

Post yoga, we went to Yoforia for some totally necessary fro-yo.

I had pineapple and cheesecake fro-yo with mochi, fresh pineapple, strawberries, and shredded coconut.  Mmmmmmm!

We hit up Great Harvest Bread, where I got a loaf of Dakota (aka the Kath special!) and a loaf of pumpkin bread. 

We also went to Trader Joe's for some light shopping, and limited ourselves to only what would fit in a carrying basket so we wouldn't get too out of control!

It was fun day with Jen, I'm glad we got to hang out since it's been difficult to coordinate our schedules for a while.

While I was gone, I'm pretty sure Clyde stayed in this position most of the day:


Clyde likes his lounge time :)

I picked Greg up at the airport later and we headed home for dinner.  We had a version of "pizza" and salad.  In addition to my Great Harvest bread, I'd also picked up a TJ's Ciabatta loaf.  I cut the loaf into some slices and piled pizza toppings on those to bake in the oven on 370 for about 10 minutes or so.


Mine had EVOO, tomato, spinach, roasted red pepper, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts with some herbed goat cheese.  SO DELICIOUS!

I also made a salad with broccoli, carrot, tomato, mushrooms, artichoke hearts (can you tell I love them??) spinach, romaine lettuce, topped with some herbed goat cheese, and a my usual drizzle of balsamic, EVOO, pepper, and lemon juice.


All together...


We caught up on some Tivo'd South Park and Important Things with Dimetri Martin and then I was passed out in the chair by about 9:30pm.  I know, a rocking Saturday night, right? 

How was your Saturday?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay it was SO fun to run with you! And I'm so happy you caught my racing bug :)

Cassie said...

Yah for South Park! And for wonderful Saturdays! Better than my Saturday! (At work!) ;-)

Monique said...

Maple almond butter sounds like something I need to try soon :)

Brittney said...

Yes, try the maple almond butter Monique! LIFE CHANGING :)

Anonymous said...

I loooove Dimetri Martin. He is too funny. :-)

Britt said...

I love runner's logic.... long run and then yoga. Probably most people in the yoga class were considering that their workout for the day!

Reminds me I need to get back to yoga one of these days......

Related Posts with Thumbnails