Sunday, November 21, 2010

St. Jude Give Thanks Walk

Saturday morning I met Jessie and Katie at the Knights Stadium for the St. Jude Give Thanks Walk.  Jessie survived a childhood battle with cancer and received treatment at St. Jude, so this cause is near and dear to her heart.

I have to admit, I'm not the best with fund raising, so I didn't raise money like Jess and Katie did, but I did donate to Jessie's fund, and I still wanted to offer my support by walking with two of my buddies.

Jessie texted me before I left the house to let me know I could bring Clyde.  Sweet!  We all know Clyde loves a social outing.  Especially one that involves walking for cancer.  Of course I took advantage of that and loaded him into the car with me to zip over the stadium.

Upon arrival, I found Jessie with Piper!


Clyde was obviously excited to make a new friend...


We listened to some inpiring people tell their stories about how St. Jude helped them.  One guy was probably in his 30's and told us that he went to St. Jude as a child with a 4% chance of survival and they gave him experimental treatments which obviously worked and he lived to tell his story.  Amazing!


And then we were off on our 5K walk!




Katie took a trial run at being a dog owner...  She and Stew are considering adopting a dog.


I think she's got the hang of it!


Clyde met got in it's face another dachshund.


The walk finished inside the Knights Stadium at home plate.



Clyde enjoyed a celebratory peanut butter cracker and some water at the finish.



$77,000 was raised at the event!  Pretty amazing!  I think everyone enjoyed themselves taking a walk on a beautiful fall day for a great cause.  I know Clyde and I did :)  If you are looking to donate to a worthy cause, you would be hard pressed to find a charity that does more good than St. Jude.

1 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow! What an awesome cause! Great job!! Clyde looked like he had so much fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails