Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Unexpected Holidays and Other Random Fun

Hey there! 
The other day I realized something very exciting:  Tomorrow is a HOLIDAY for me at work!  Wooooooooooooooooooo  Hoooooooooooooooooooo!  

This week I would prefer having Friday or Monday off since I'm taking leave on both of these days this upcoming weekend, but again, I will still gladly take Thursday.
It will give me a chance to prep/pack for my weekend away, sleep in, run, and play with my puppy.

Last night I debated about how long to run since this is my cut back week.  I have my second half marathon coming up this weekend waaaaaaaaaaay out in the Outer Banks!  I saw my sports chiropractor on Monday and he suggested doing a couple 3 mile runs this week.  I headed out in my neighborhood and got in 3.25 in 31 minutes.  It was also pretty dark, but I've decided running in the dark in my neighborhood doesn't really bother me. 

Post run, I had veggie nachos and guac for dinner (yes, I'm a creature of habit sometimes!):


Trader Joe's chips topped with spinach, shredded mozzarella, mushrooms, black beans, and salsa.

I checked my email and saw that Greg had emailed me that he would be on Skype if I wanted to chat, since his phone was still MIA.  It was actually a lot of fun.  We haven't used Skype since Greg was away at training back in the Spring and I know he loved seeing Clyde, even if Clyde looks like this on camera half the time.


Greg passed his check ride and is cleared to continue flying at his current airline til he leaves for Continental.

Not too much else to report, but I wanted to share some recent web finds with you guys. 
Admittedly, I don't really need any new websites to read or distract me at this point, but I recently found a few worthy of my attention.  If you need a laugh, you are bound to find one at one of these sites:

(I don't even have an IPhone, but was laughing hysterically at a lot of these)

Please let me know if there's any other sites I should be wasting time reading, I love new finds!

Also- in a last minute update, just as I was about to wrap this post I heard from the husband on his... wait for it...  CELL PHONE!  He located it in his car in West Virginia.  Yay!  Guess he'll be holding off on the IPhone a little longer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love http://www.icanhascheezburger.com

and

http://www.hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com

Funny stuff :-)

Kristina @ spabettie said...

OMG I just spent WAY too long at why did you buy me that... how funny!

enjoy your day off !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails