Tuesday, November 2, 2010

To Clyde On His First Birthday

Dear Clyde,

I've said a million times and I'll say it again, I never thought I was a "dog person" until I met you.

But it was love at first sight...

Now I'm so hopelessly and ridiculously in love with you that I've literally canceled trips to stay home with you because I can't stand the thought of being away from you for a whole week.

While some may think you are not the most refined doggie on the planet, your Daddy and I would not trade your playful spirit for all anything in the world.

You make me smile EVERY SINGLE DAY!

I love it when you sneeze/cough to get our attention when we are eating to let us know you need to taste our food.


I love your big front paws, which was one of the first things your daddy noticed about you when we found you.

I love your kind eyes.

I love how your mouth curls into a little smile.


You are so nice to other dogs and people.


(even when they do steal your toys!)


I love how you climb to the top of the chair and are perched there like a cat all the time.


I love taking you for walks.



You look so cute in clothes!



Yes, I will play fetch with you 8,362 more times.

Thank you for changing my life, for the better.  


Now enjoy your cake!!


(the frosting was more like a glaze....)



Mmmmm peanut butter!




I love you Clyde!  Happy First Birthday!



15 comments:

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking said...

Awwww, this made me get teary! So sweet. Happy birthday Clyde!!

Pure2raw twins said...

Happy birthday to Clyde!!!

Anonymous said...

Now I want to get a dog right now!!! So cute and sweet :)
alison

Anonymous said...

Awww...that is so cute!! Happy Birthday Clyde!

Brittany @ A Healthy Slice of Life said...

AHH I love this post!! And puppy Clyde with his big ears might be the cutest thing I've ever seen!!

Happy birthday Clyde!!

Anonymous said...

This is SO adorable. I feel the same way about my pup. Clyde is so cute!! :)

Heather said...

Yea, happy birthday, Clyde! Love that last pic of him...he looks so happy.

Kelly said...

Aw, how cute. Happy Birthday Clyde! :)

Kristina @ spabettie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLYDE !!

this post is SO sweet. <3

Molly said...

So. Cute!!!!!

We're in the process of finding a dog to adopt, can't wait!

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

What a sweet pup :)
I bed he could make me a dog person, too!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun said...

That little face would make me smile every day too. Happy 1st "bday" to the cutie pup!

Michele @ Healthy Cultivations said...

He is one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen. He has the sweetest eyes... makes you just want to give him a big hug!

Paige said...

I love Clyde!! He is so adorable. I want him, mmk?

Ashley said...

So Stinkin cute! I want a dog very badly, but for now I'll just have to continue getting my dog fix from other people's blogs. Happy 1st Birthday to Clyde. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails