Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Leftover Veggies

So I still have A LOT of fresh veggies left over from Kelly's Shower and Pops in the Park.  We made a little dent, but there's still a lot to get rid of.  Last night I started tackling the leftovers.

I first decided to dice a bunch of the celery and carrots along with an onion to have for starting a soup at some point.


I put that plastic bag in the freezer for later use.

Then I decided I'd make a big batch of veggie stir-fry for dinner with enough leftover for another meal. I used green beans, brocolli, carrots, onion, and spinach, with ginger, soy sauce, and garlic. I also made some Quinoa with it.




I still have a LOT of cucumber, brocolli, and green beans.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking of making chilled cucumber soup (but I don't know if I will like it!).  Or I might make some cheese and brocolli soup and freeze it.  Hmmm.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails