Sunday, June 13, 2010

95 degrees!?

We are experiencing quite the heat wave in Charlotte.  I got up this morning with one thing on my mind:  getting in a run before it got too unbearable.  The only other run I've done this week was with Michelle on Tuesday night, so it's been a pretty light week for me.  Which is ok, since I just did the half marathon last weekend and was giving myself some recovery time.  But by today I was ITCHING to get out there, no matter what.  So I headed out the door at about 8:30am.  OMG, it was sooooooooooooo hot and humid!  I did a figure eight loop around my neighborhood, including cul-de-sacs, and contemplated going around again, but when I got close to my house, I knew I was done.  The thought of A/C and WATER was just too tempting to pass up.  I cut the run short and probably only did like 2 miles.  Better than nothing, but pretty pathetic.  I'm praying it gets cooler this week so I can get more running in.  I don't want to lose the mileage it took me so long to work up to.  Not that I want to be running 13 miles every run, but I want to stay in the neighborhood of 5-8 mile runs, preferably.
I got back and had a Green Monster, blogged, and played fetch with Clyde.  I then did a big kitchen cleaning.  Jen called me early in the afternoon to recap her first Triathlon for me.  Sounds like she did great!
We then made plans to finally go see Sex and The City 2.  We might be the last SATC fans to see it!  I have to say, I actually really liked it, despite all the crappy reviews it's been getting.  I thought it was totally fun!
I hit up the grocery store for some essentials on the way home and then took Clyde out.  It had been stormy, and I looked up and saw this!
Nice rainbow!

 
 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails