Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Today I came home and crashed on the couch for about an hour.  This heat is getting to me and I think I've been going to bed a little too late and getting up a little too early.  The puppy is hyper every night and it takes a good half hour to settle him down from the time I get in bed til he actually goes to sleep.  I might have to get to bed early tonight.  Must get sleep! 
One thing I needed to try and get done tonight was to shop for baby presents for a baby shower I'm going to on Saturday.  I was not feeling all that motivated to leave the house though.  I was contemplating doing more of this:

I decided a snack might perk me up.  I brain stormed for a minute and then remembered that I had frozen bananas piling up in the freezer.  I've been meaning to try this banana soft serve recipe I've heard about.  Basically all you have to do is throw some frozen banana in a food processor and you have banana soft serve.  Sounds good to me.  I added about a tablespoon of peanut butter and a splash of milk to mine.  Oh. My. God.  How have I not done this sooner???  I could live on this stuff.  Seriously. 
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!
It was just the thing I needed to get my butt in gear and head to Target.  I opted to get an assortment of things off the registry for my gifts.

The yellow feet pajamas were not on their registry, but I couldn't resist.  Look at the FEET!!
Too cute!
I got a bunch of other randoms at Target.  Baked Beans, make-up sponges, dish washing tablets, sandwich thins... 
I came home and decided I'd use up the rest of my now-famous-because-of-Kath hummus.  I made a veggie wrap with hummus, cucumber, carrot, tomato, and spinach.  Plus the last of the cuc that wouldn't fit in the wrap and two slices of provolone. 

Ok, off to try and get to bed early tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love banana soft serve, except I call it whipped banana. :)

Those footies are too cute. I'm going to have a serious problem not breaking the bank on baby clothes when I have a little one. I've already decided that I'm registering at William-Sonoma for my first baby shower. While I'm supposed to be looking for things for the wedding registry, I keep getting entranced by their Beaba stuff (i.e. baby food maker). Now that's putting the cart before the horse.

Jen said...

I have a banana in the freezer and plan on trying the soft serve this afternoon after your rave review :)

Omg baby clothes are the cutest! Agree w/ Kelly. I am going to go broke buying copious amounts of baby clothes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails