Monday, June 28, 2010

Blueberries and Tennis

Sunday morning I asked Greg what he felt like for breakfast and he said, "something with blueberries".  I was kinda feeling like oatmeal so I brainstormed for a minute and came up with an idea. 

Blueberry Pie Oatmeal (seriously, it tastes like blueberry pie!)
-1/2 cup blueberries
-1/3 cup oats
-1/3 cup plus splash milk (I used vanilla soy)
-splash of water
-about a teaspoon (heaping) of Naturally Nutty Cinnamon Vanilla Sunflower Butter or almond butter
-a hit of Agave syrup or maple syrup.
You can also add a pinch of cinnamon.

Cook til blueberries break open and oatmeal is purple!

Enjoy!

So I have a tournament tennis match on Tuesday night.  And I really haven't practiced.  I begged Greg to hit the courts with me, and he agreed to!  He might be up for husband of the year after letting me drag him to a baby shower, fancy dinner, and tennis in 95 degree heat all in one weekend... 
Off we went to the courts!




We lasted about an hour out in the HEAT!  Greg was great.  At the end when I said we could stop he told me to take my ball bin and practice serving for a while.  Thanks coach Greg! 
I feel like I got some good practice in.
We went home and had a well deserved lazy afternoon.

1 comments:

Vicky said...

Yum blueberry pie oatmeal looks good!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails