Tuesday, June 29, 2010

If you can't take the heat...

This was basically Jen and I trying to run last night at 6pm in 98 degree heat.  It did NOT go well.  We probably made it close to 2 miles before we agreed it was just TOO HOT out there to really effectively run.  She was getting kinda dizzy and my pace was beyond slow.  It just wasn't working out.  :(  We walked the rest of the way rounding out 3.4 miles.  At least we did something, but it was by no means a good run.  Jen has more flexibility than I do in when she can run.  I think she's going to stick to mainly running in the morning.  If I were going to run in the morning, I'd have to get up at like 4am or so, and I don't see that happening.  I'm thinking I'm going to try and stick to running later at night, like after 7:30pm.  I can do early morning runs on weekends too.  That's going to be my strategy from now on.  The heat is really really frustrating though.  It used to be so nice to just be able to come home from work and head out the door.  I hate planning around this heat.  I still can't believe it's this hot out already in JUNE!  This summer is looking like it's going to be miserable!  I'm also itching to decide which half marathon I want to do in the fall but I feel like I need to wait til I can commit to training, which in this heat, I can't.  Oh well.  I'm just going to run whenever I can.  I'll try and cease every opportunity of cooler weather I can and do my late evening and weekend running. 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails