Thursday, June 10, 2010

What's next??

RunBlondie26 asked me this question after I completed my first half-marathon last weekend, "What's next?"  Good question.  There is a lot up in the air right now.  I'm SO GLAD I got the half-marathon in when I did because I'm having a hard time committing to future races for a couple reasons.
First, it's HOT in Charlotte right now.  I'm hesitant to sign up for a half-marathon or anything longer early in the fall because I'd have to do a lot of training during the summer and that may be ROUGH.  I still plan on running, but it's nice to not HAVE to run if it's deathly hot out.
Second, as I've mentioned before, Greg and I want to have a baby as soon as we possibly can.  For about the last six months or so when we've talked about fall of 2010 as somewhere in the neighborhood of when we might start trying to conceive.  Maybe.  It's hard to decide what to do knowing that's a possibility because I don't want to pay a lot of money and/or train a lot for a race and then not do it, so I kind of need to wait a little longer and see what we decide about that.
Third, I'm not sure what I WANT to do next.  My good friend and running buddy, Jen, is breaking into the triathlon scene (making her debut this weekend!).  I love to run, bike, and actually like swimming a lot too ( even though I don't do it that often).  I have been tossing around the idea of doing a triathlon, but haven't decided yet if I want to or not.  Training would probably be an issue for me with tri's, as I don't have much in the way of access to water to train for the swimming part.  Plus, triathlon's kind of intimidate me with all the changing from water-to bike-to running.  I might go watch Jen this weekend to see how it's all done, because I still need to wrap my head around the logistics of it all.
So basically, I'm tossing around the idea of a triathlon sometime this summer.  I'm going to keep running as much as I can stand it with the heat.  I might do another half sometime this fall, but I'm not sure if I will or not, and if I do, I'm not sure which one I want to do.  Maybe something on the coast.  These two have been proposed to me: The Battleship Half and The Outer Banks Half. I'm also considering doing one of the Disney races. Probably just the half marathon, but some teeny tiny part of my is considering the full marathon. Very teeny tiny.  Any suggestions??

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails